Monday, February 15, 2010

God's will




God has a really big face. Living in his will, in the light that is shining from God's face, in his pleasure, is not like some sort of balancing act where I really have to watch myself so I don't accidentally slip out of his will. It is more like a vast field where I can move around freely.

He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me. Ps 18:19


Maybe we think of God as some stern school master, ready to punish us for the slightest mistake we make. But God is a good Father and we are invited to his kingdom. I am discovering that God's will looks less like a narrow path where we are very likely to make a wrong step but it looks more like a big country, a kingdom, where we are invited to dwell.

Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Ps 37:3


Jesus said:
"My food, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."


That is good food, safe pasture. Very fulfilling to the soul. Actually, the only thing fulfilling the depths of our beings, because it is what we were created for!

No comments:

Post a Comment