Friday, March 2, 2012

Majesty

Ps 45:4

In your majesty ride forth victoriously
in the cause of truth, humility and justice



Whatever we think about God we can always be sure there is more to the story. He is more and bigger than we ever can imagine or think.

“Deus semper major” in Latin

I have had some issues with God's majesty and power and bowing down to Him, calling Him Lord and King and all that. I am sure this is related to wrong ideas of authority and I have just never seen a perfect example - like none of us has! People, even the most good hearted ones, tend to misuse power sooner or later, at one level or another. But not so God! He is not like us! He is Holy, different, Perfect Love. That is why Jesus came, to show us how and who God is.

Interestingly enough - the word "humility" is in the center of this verse. I picture this majestic king riding forth victoriously, defending truth and justice, I get that, but wait a minute - how do you ride forth in the cause of humility? I am going to ponder on that for a while. There is always more to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment