Thursday, October 15, 2009

God and dancing


I have always wondered what it would have been like to grow up in an African family and get together dancing at the sound of the bongo drums around the bonfire at family gatherings... I guess the unison dancing brings a sense of fellowship that is sort of unique. I am sure I have a pretty romantic view of this idea about growing up in the jungle in Africa but nevertheless God was speaking to me using this picture of him dancing over me and it looked something like this. He was celebrating with me, something that had been a painful experience in the past but he had a different view of it and brought healing and restoration to that memory. Now I have a new memory of us dancing together, or it was actually him dancing over me. I cannot make moves like that - yet. He actually gave me this other picture of us dancing together, and it was a simpler and more childish and joyful dance that I could easily follow. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the guys in red, blue and yellow shirts. I am the little fellow to the left but in my "vision" I was a child that was dancing along lifting one hand here and just jumping up and down to the rhythm of the music like toddlers do. But maybe I will learn this dance one day. I mean, it is not THAT complicated. And later on we can move on to African dancing. Or ballet. I will be the skinny girl that God gets to swing in the air and catch again gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment