Sunday, October 18, 2009

We are all broken


A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father, despite having a heart condition, said 'Yes'.

They
went on to complete the marathon together.
Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' too.


For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island .

Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this






I came across this little video and it really spoke to me about the Father’s heart and our state of being totally dependent on Him. That’s how we can achieve great things - with Him and for Him. Because it’s really He that does all the work! And we get to share in the joy and glory.

It was about one minute into the song that I couldn’t hold it together any more. The lyrics say:

The very same God who spins things in orbit
Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
The same gentle hands that hold me when I’m broken
They conquered death to bring the victory

That is when I understood: this is me being carried by my Father. That is my current state before him. Crippled, but soooo loved and cherished.

If you are interested in hearing more about this incredible father - son relationship here is a link to a beautiful interview about their life.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my sweet Meguita for sharing your thoughts, feelings and desire for our AWESOME GOD. I miss soooo much the blessing of being with you. Praying for you and your beautiful family.
    Love you. Beijocas:)

    ReplyDelete